Policies & Procedures of Kathryn Deane Photography
WITHOUT EXCEPTION, all prints, products, and digital files provided by Kathryn Deane Photography are protected under copyright of Kathryn Deane/Kathryn Deane Photography. This copyright is non-transferrable. Purchase of prints, products, or digital files does NOT signify a transfer of ownership of any copyrights. Please refer to the Limited Release document provided with your digital files for further information on how you may legally use your purchased or provided digital files. Please also adhere to the U.S. Copyright Act, in your usage of photographic prints and products, outlined below:
The U.S. Copyright Act (Title 17, United States Code) is designed to protect photographers and other artists by granting them the exclusive right to distribute, copy, edit and publish their photography by license, transfer, or sale.
The Copyright Act prohibits anyone from copying, scanning, editing or sharing photographic prints, images, or media without the written permission of the photographer. Violation of the Copyright Act can incur both civil and criminal penalties.
- Once a photography session has been booked, your session fee is non-refundable.
- Kathryn Deane Photography reserves the right to reschedule any session due to photographer illness, personal emergency, or inclement weather. Your session will then be rescheduled to the first available date that works for both you and the photographer. Photography sessions will only be rescheduled due to poor weather at the photographer's discretion.
- Clients reserve the right to reschedule any portrait session (one time only) with at least two weeks written notice to the photographer, at no additional fee. Cancelling/Rescheduling less than two week's prior to a session date (but prior to 24hrs before) will result in a $50 rescheduling fee. Sessions cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the shoot will owe a $100 rescheduling fee. Any photo shoot where the clients or models fail to show up to the shoot will result in forfeit of fees and the shoot will NOT be rescheduled unless the session fee is paid in full again(plus travel time, if applicable)
- Clients who cancal/reschedule more than once with less than 24 hours notice will forfeit their right to reschedule and session fees will NOT be refunded.
- If you prefer to permanently cancel your session, instead of rescheduling, your session fee will not be refunded.
- Kathryn Deane Photography provides top quality photographic prints and products, color corrected & calibrated to print as seen on Kathryn Deane Photography's computer, by KDP's preferred professional print lab. Any digital photos you see (on our website, blog, social media sites, or that have been provided directly to you) may vary from their intended appearance, depending on your computer's monitor and settings. In addition, Kathryn Deane Photography cannot guarantee the results or quality of photographic prints made by clients or by clients' chosen labs. Also, clients should note that when resizing a photo for printing, there may be cropping of the image to fit the print size. For the most consistent, high quality results, please purchase your prints directly from Kathryn Deane Photography.
- Digital files purchased or provided are for personal use only. We include a print release for photographic prints only. Digital/print files may NOT be sold, used for commercial purposes of any kind, or submitted in competitions/contests of any kind, without Kathryn Deane's express and advance written permission.
- Please back up all digital copies of your photographs in 1-2 places. We recommend an external hard drive or flash drive, as well as online/cloud storage. Kathryn Deane Photography will make every effort to retain your files for up to 3 months from the date of your session. Kathryn Deane Photography is not responsible for any loss of images that result from clients not backing up photos in multiple locations following delivery of the images to them.
- Session fees are due at the time of booking. Payments may be made via Paypal, cash, or personal check. If paying by personal check, the check must be received at least 1 week prior to session date. The session time will not be held until the full payment is received and processed. If the client's session is one week or less from the date it is booked on, the client will have to make payment by Paypal only. Once a photography session has been booked, the session fee is non-refundable.
- Kathryn Deane Photography requires full payment to be made and processed (via cash, check, or Paypal) before any prints, products, or digital images can be processed or shipped.
- Kathryn Deane Photography strives to have your portrait proof gallery ready to view within 2-4 weeks after your session. However, due to the level of attention provided to your images, your wait may be longer. Your patience is appreciated!
- The images from each session will be narrowed down and edited by Kathryn Deane Photography at Kathryn's discretion. The gallery will be comprised of the best shots from the session, as determined by Kathryn. All other shots will be discarded immediately. Kathryn will then edit these shots to represent her artistic vision and style. Some of these photos may be presented in color, black & white, or any other finish of Kathryn's choice. When ordering prints, you will be able to request that shot in any of those color finishes. However, the digital package will only include the images in color. Additional images converted into black & white, sepia, vintage, etc may be done for an additional charge of $10/image.
- Kathryn will also provide limited "touch ups" at her discretion. Touch ups include (but are not limited to) acne, bruises/cuts, etc. Due to the location of the blemish, lighting conditions, and/or volume/severity of these blemishes, it may not be possible to completely remove or correct these blemishes. If extensive Photoshopping is needed to achieve the desired result, there will be an additional charge of $25/image. Complete removal of these blemishes is not guaranteed. No refunds will be provided if you are unhappy with the blemishes that are visible in the photos.
- This non-refund policy also applies to backgrounds of the photos. If you do not like the backdrop/background of the photos after they've been shot, there will be no refunds provided. Location selection is an important process and should be done so carefully BEFORE the session. If you have agreed to a location, there will be no refunds afterwards if you decide that you do not like the look of that location/background.
- There is a required $350 minimum print/product/digital image purchase required following every portrait session (this is in addition to the session fee). This minimum order DOES NOT apply to anyone purchasing a gift card or any friends/family who are placing orders.
- If the location a client selects is more than 20 miles from West Hartford, CT 06107, then the client will be obligated to pay an additional $20 for each additional 10 miles traveled. This fee must be paid at the same time that the session is booked online.
- All clients will be required to sign a print and general liability release form prior to their session. This can be done at the start time of the session.